Vex trip planner
Create a fully customized
day by day itinerary for free
day by day itinerary for free
Vex is a municipality and capital of the district of Hérens in the canton of Valais in Switzerland.GeographyVex has an area, of 13km2. Of this area, 4.17km2 or 32.1% is used for agricultural purposes, while 6.17km2 or 47.5% is forested. Of the rest of the land, 1.71km2 or 13.2% is settled (buildings or roads), 0.07km2 or 0.5% is either rivers or lakes and 0.87km2 or 6.7% is unproductive land.Of the built up area, housing and buildings made up 7.2% and transportation infrastructure made up 4.8%. Out of the forested land, 38.6% of the total land area is heavily forested and 7.7% is covered with orchards or small clusters of trees. Of the agricultural land, 0.2% is used for growing crops and 18.3% is pastures, while 2.5% is used for orchards or vine crops and 11.0% is used for alpine pastures. All the water in the municipality is flowing water. Of the unproductive areas, 5.7% is unproductive vegetation.Coat of armsThe blazon of the municipal coat of arms is Azure, a Chevronelle inverted couped Argent between three Mullets of Five of the same and Coupeaux Vert in base.DemographicsVex has a population of., 11.3% of the population are resident foreign nationals. Over the last 10 years (1999–2009 ) the population has changed at a rate of 23.8%. It has changed at a rate of 23% due to migration and at a rate of -0.7% due to births and deaths.Most of the population speaks French (1,216 or 92.8%) as their first language, German is the second most common (38 or 2.9%) and Portuguese is the third (30 or 2.3%). There are 4 people who speak Italian.Customize your holiday with our Switzerland road trip planning app to create an adventure that suits you.
Plan your trip to Vex
Get a personalized tripA complete day by day itinerary
based on your preferences
Customize itRefine your trip. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
Book itChoose from the best hotels
and activities. Up to 50% off
Manage itEverything in one place.
Everyone on the same page.
Top tours near Vex
$98 BOOK WITH VIATOR Heidiland and Liechtenstein Tour from Zurich: Two Countries in One Day
Duration: 7 hours 30 minutes
$172 BOOK WITH VIATOR Swiss Alps Bernina Express Rail Tour from Milan with Hotel Pick Up
Duration: 13 hours
$155 BOOK WITH VIATOR Bernina Express and Swiss Alps 1 day tour. Pick up from your hotel.
Duration: 12 hours
$17 BOOK WITH VIATOR Lugano Region Guided Excursion from Lugano to Monte San Salvatore by funicular
Duration: 3 hours
Places to visit in Swiss Alps
ZermattTrip planner BEST FOR: Lookout, Mountain, Ski Area LuganoTrip planner BEST FOR: Water Body, Mountain, Park BellinzonaTrip planner BEST FOR: Castle, Architectural Building, Outdoor Activity MendrisioTrip planner BEST FOR: Shopping Mall, Children’s Museum, Art Museum LeukerbadTrip planner BEST FOR: Roman Bath, Spa / Wellness, Hiking Trail
Recently planned trips to Canton of Valais
10 days in Switzerland BY A USER FROM SAUDI ARABIA Geneva Zermatt Bern 9 days in Italy, Zermatt & Zurich BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Venice Cavalese Milan 10 days in Switzerland BY A USER FROM SAUDI ARABIA Geneva Zermatt Interlaken 6 days in Switzerland BY A USER FROM SAUDI ARABIA Lucerne Zermatt Geneva 46 days in Switzerland & Tirano BY A USER FROM INDIA Zurich Lucerne Interlaken 19 days in Switzerland BY A USER FROM INDIA Zurich Engelberg Interlaken