My standard walk takes about 2-3 hours and takes in the following (not in order):-Start your trip to Reading by creating a personalized itinerary on Inspirock.
• Harris Arcade, Town Hall, Important Abbey history, Forbury gardens (inc. the grizzly end of the last Abbot) & Reading Gaol!
• River Kennet & Canal towpaths
• Shopping, Restaurants & Leisure
• English Civil War & the very important part Reading played in ‘The Glorious Revolution of 1688’
• Reading's strategic position, the importance of the coming of the Railways and Reading's rapid growth
• The Devastating WW2 Air Raid in central Reading & past Military campaigns
• The 5 B's that made Reading famous inc. the site of what was the world's biggest biscuit factory
• Plus plenty more and I will try to answer any questions you may have on the way.
NB I have added a New walk covering Reading's proud Theater & Cinema heritage, The Thames River & Caversham now available. Ideal for Spring to Autumn. While not bring a picnic to have when you have finished.
PLEASE DO NOT TURN UP BEFORE BOOKING WITH ME BY PHONE FIRST.
Terry's Reading Walkabouts reviews
Terry was very knowledgable and good at story telling. The 2.5 hour tour went by so quickly. Terry made it very interesting and fun. I truly enjoyed getting to know the history behind the... more »
This morning I went on Terry's Reading architecture tour with my wife and two friends. We really enjoyed it and found Terry's stories informative and entertaining. I heard about his walks through... more »
May be the alcohol blurring my memory but Walkabout was actually very good. We ate earlier on (vegan nachos were delicious) and the staff were very friendly even though they were rushed off their teet. The outdoor terrace was great even if the tables were a bit sticky. Would definitely go back
If you like real ales there are none. Had a Guinness which was reasonably priced. TV screens galore if you like sport.
Plan your trip to Reading
Get a personalized tripA complete day by day itinerary
based on your preferences
Customize itRefine your trip. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
Book itChoose from the best hotels
and activities. Up to 50% off
Manage itEverything in one place.
Everyone on the same page.
See all ›
Side trips from Reading
Hidden gems in Reading
See all ›
Parks in Reading
Trips in Reading by other users
1 day in Reading BY A USER FROM UNITED KINGDOM November, popular sights Preferences: November Attraction style: Popular sights Pace: Medium 21 days in Reading BY A USER FROM ARGENTINA November, popular sights Preferences: November Attraction style: Popular sights Pace: Medium 1 day in Reading BY A USER FROM UNITED KINGDOM October, popular sights Preferences: October Attraction style: Popular sights Pace: Medium 1 day in United Kingdom BY A USER FROM UNITED KINGDOM May, popular sights Preferences: May Attraction style: Popular sights Pace: Medium 3 days in Reading & Tintagel BY A USER FROM UNITED KINGDOM May, popular sights Preferences: May Attraction style: Popular sights Pace: Medium 60 days in Europe & Asia BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA May, popular sights Preferences: May Attraction style: Popular sights Pace: Medium